THE NDA CREED
NDA seeks to instill in young people the values and habits that will enable them to compete, endure, and become successful in life: preparation, dedication, tenacity, perseverance, self-sacrifice, teamwork, and leadership to name but a few. These are the values they will need to navigate the difficult transitions of life: from child to adolescent to young adult to parent to senior citizen. These are the values they will draw upon to preserve their marriages, their families, and their jobs. And these are the values that we at NDA wish to instill in young people through their participation in dance: in our camps and in our competitions.
In all that we do, we tirelessly attempt to be true to our creed, the nine statements of the beliefs we hold dear:
- Dance Team activities are bonding opportunities around which the entire family can unite.
- Team cohesion and performance is prized above individual talents and accomplishments.
- No single individual makes a team successful; teams become successful through the collective talents and best efforts of all their members.
- Excellence in the classroom ranks as first priority; ahead of excellence in the gym or in the studio.
- There is no substitute for hard work and preparation.
- Perseverance, resourcefulness, and dedication will overcome obstacles and setbacks.
- There are no closer friendships than those made through practicing, losing, and winning together as a team.
- Small triumphs promote confidence, self-esteem, dedication, and desire paving the way for future, larger triumphs.
- The performance arena is merely a practice area for the larger arena of life.